1. ION products that are found to be ‘Dead on Arrival’ (DOA) or Faulty out of the box within the first 30 days of purchase will be replaced under standard manufacturer’s warranty. ION will cover freight cost both ways i.e. shipping the replacement product to customer and pick-up of faulty product back to its warehouse. If ION products are found to be faulty outside the first 30 days of purchase then ION will still cover freight cost both ways i.e. shipping the replacement product to customer and pick-up of faulty product back to its warehouse *(within a 100km radius of capital cities/metropolitan areas or an ION authorised service provider location only).
2. For units up to 3kVA under standard factory warranty, ION will cover advance replacement if the unit is found to be faulty. The customer must ensure the product to be returned is packaged adequately to prevent shipping damage. The customer must obtain return paperwork in the form of an ION issued RMA (Return Material Authorisation) and attach securely to the outer packaging of the return unit before shipment. All costs associated with the return of the product to ION are covered by ION *(within a 100km radius of capital cities/metropolitan areas or an ION authorised service provider location only). Should ION determine after inspection that the returned unit has failed as a result of customer misuse, misapplication or unauthorised modification, then ION reserves the right to invoice the customer for the replacement unit.
3. For permanently wired products 6kVA and above under standard factory warranty, The Warranty covers advanced replacement or in-house repair during normal working hours, by ION technicians or authorised service providers. ION will arrange for the faulty equipment to the factory or other nominated service locations. The customer must obtain approval from ION in the form of an ION issued RMA (Return Material Authorisation) before shipment. ION will cover the freight cost of sending the new or repaired and operational unit back to customer at its expense *(within a 100km radius of capital cities/metropolitan areas or an ION authorised service provider location only).
4. ION reserves the right to void warranty on its 1-phase/3-phase fleet of hardwire products and accessories if: (a) During installation ION’s start up and commissioning procedures are NOT followed by a qualified UPS technician (b) Any modification made to the product by the end-user or their commissioning agent.
5. It is possible that an excessive surge event (such as from a direct lightning strike to the building or a building wiring fault) may cause damage to a unit and render it inoperable. In the case of surge filters & diverters, these units are designed as self-sacrificial devices to protect your equipment. However, due to the unpredictability of surge events, this is not a guarantee. A unit that has been damaged in this way is not covered by this warranty.
6. ION service team will provide a quote to customers to repair out-of-warranty products. Units returned for Out-Of-Warranty repairs, will be subject to an inspection and handling charge plus transportation charges. ION will offer customers with 6 months warranty on products repaired and made operational by Authorised ION Service Technicians.
7. ION reserves the right to charge for replacement batteries if within the warranty period, replacement batteries are necessary as a result of misuse, misapplication or unauthorised modification by the purchaser or end user.
8. For 3 phase UPS systems. In the event that the UPS commissioning is not completed within 6 months of the purchasing date, the warranty period commences from the original purchase date, unless otherwise agreed.